Substance Abuse and Detox
Professional addiction consultation services are available for those with a history of addiction or ongoing substance abuse issues. Our licensed professionals provide recovery support services and consult with individuals to identify the disease of addiction and recommend an addiction-specific treatment plan that's right for you.
Substance Abuse Conditions We Treat
Inpatient Detoxification (Memorial Medical Detoxification)
The Memorial Medical Detoxification Program at Memorial Hospital Pembroke is one of the only hospital-based programs in South Florida that provides inpatient care for adults who are currently using or experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, prescription medications, benzodiazepines, and opiates. During your hospital stay, which usually lasts from 5 to 7 days, our goal is to reduce your acute withdrawal symptoms during detox while keeping you safe. Your time with us will include:
- Stabilization of your medical condition and 24-hour monitoring
- Development of a personalized treatment plan
- Ongoing support from medical staff, who are trained and equipped to treat addiction and related mental and physical health conditions
- Access to the latest anti-addiction medications to minimize cravings
- One-on-one counseling to manage the psychiatric consutls as needed
- Private room with access to movies, books and more
For more information, call our 24/7 phone line at 954-883-7771.
Outpatient Treatment (SHARE Program)
The SHARE Outpatient Program addresses the physiological and psychological aspects of addiction. On the first visit, you will meet with a licensed clinician who will initiate a comprehensive assessment and plan. The next visit is with a psychiatric provider with expertise in addiction medicine. Our program is comprehensive and offers group and individual therapy in addition to psychiatric medication management.
Treatment typically lasts six to eight weeks. Complicated cases may require more time.
Our ambulatory detoxification program offers detox from the following substances:
- Opioids (including pain killers and heroin)
- Sedatives (e.g. xanax, valium)
Treatment for ambulatory detoxification starts at our Behavioral Health Transition of Care Clinic at Memorial Regional Hospital at 3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood, FL 33021. Please call 954-265-4632 or 954-265-4633 to get started.
This is an intensive program that includes:
- Medical evaluation
- Group and individual therapies
- Toxicology screening
- Recovery support
- Integrated primary care services
Psychiatric medication management and follow-up is available also.