Our Reputation for Cancer Care
Our cancer program surrounds you with innovative technology and more than 200 medical and support professionals dedicated to doing whatever it takes to fight your cancer. Each year we see more than 4,300 new cancer patients.
Florida Cancer Center of Excellence
An alliance between Memorial Cancer Institute and Florida Atlantic University (MCIFAU) has been recognized as a Florida Cancer Center of Excellence by the Florida Department of Health. Our partnership was formed in 2020 to combine the expertise of physicians and researchers to bring clinical trials that will lead to advances in patient care and treatments for a variety of diseases. MCIFAU is the fifth in the state, out of more than 80 competitors, to earn the designation. Read more
Our Commitment to Patient Satisfaction
We aim to be the safest healthcare system in America. With numerous initiatives focused on patient- and family-centered care and providing the highest-quality, safest healthcare for every patient, Memorial Health System’s hospitals consistently rank above national and state averages in several areas.
See all of our quality and safety ratings.
Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission
- Accreditation of the Memorial breast cancer program by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Accreditation of Women’s Imaging Centers for Breast MRI by American College of Radiology
- FACT Accreditation for the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program
Awards and Memberships
- Designated as a Florida Cancer Center of Excellence by the Florida Department of Health
- Recognized by Mayo Clinic for outstanding Cancer Clinical Trial accrual
- Participant in Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI) Network
- Main Member of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- Member of THE ADDARIO LUNG CANCER MEDICAL INSTITUTE (ALCMI) research consortium
- Member of UCLA Translational Oncology Research International (TORI) Network
- Member of the National Consortium of Breast Centers
- Member of the Florida Pediatric Clinical Oncology Program
Patient navigators offer personalized, compassionate guidance from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship.
We take care of the whole person, including appearance, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
We care for people, not a diagnosis. Our support services include acupuncture, massage and more.